1. The full Standard Conditions of Sale (the Conditions) of Alsafe Pre-Mix Concrete apply whenever concrete is supplied
2. The conditions are set out in this document, a copy of which is available on request. The following paragraphs describe some (but not all) of the Conditions. However, as the description is in summary form (and therefore not necessarily the same as the Conditions) it is recommended that Customers read and understand the Conditions.
3. Unless alternative arrangements have been agreed payment is due in full prior to delivery.
4. Special charges which customers may have to pay include, but are not limited to, payments for waiting time, additional cartage for small loads, concrete ordered and not used, returned concrete disposal and delivery outside normal hours.
5. Unless otherwise agreed, concrete is of 80mm stump. The volume of concrete supplied shall be calculated in accordance with AS1379.
6. Heating or cooling of concrete is not provided.
7. Any delivery times made known to or agreed with the customer are estimates only, Supplier shall not be liable for any loss or damage (direct or indirect) sustained by any customer arising from any delay in delivery beyond supplier's control.
8. Customer must ensure that Supplier's delivery vehicle has safe and unrestricted access on the site to the place there where concrete is to be discharged. If any customer fails to ensure this, Supplier may refuse to make the delivery concerned and that customer will be liable for all resultant damage to person, any property or thing.
9. Customer should check the concrete description on Supplier's delivery docket. Supplier will have no responsibility for any discrepancy between the concrete delivered and the customer's order if this check is not made.
10. Concrete is sold in its plastic state and its subsequent in situ performance is greatly affected by the quality of the work practices employed by customers, including the addition of excess water to concrete and the handling, placing protecting, curing and supporting of the concrete, subject to the provisions of the Conditions Supplier accepts no responsibility for the performance of concrete.
11. The customer must indemnify Supplier against each claim, loss or liability incurred by or brought against Supplier as a result of any cause (excepting Supplier's negligence but including, without limitation, any act or omission by the customer
a) excess water or any other material being added to the plastic concrete by or at the direction of the customer; or
b) concrete not being placed and compacted within the time limit provisions of AS1379
12. Subject to paragraph 13, Suppliers maximum liability to customers for loss or damage of every kind caused (directly or indirectly) by its concrete is limited to replacement of any non-complying concrete and steel reinforcement/formework directly affected. Supplier shall not be liable for any claim by any customers for indirect sequential loss or damages incurred by the customer as a result of the concrete supplied by the Supplier.
13. All conditions and warranties which would be implied into the Conditions by law or statute are excluded unless such extension is forbidden or made void by statute. Supplier's liability for any condition or warranty implied into the Conditions by the Trade Practices Act 1974 is limited to the extent permitted by that Act.
14. Dust generated by the drilling, sawing or chasing hardened concrete may contain crystalline silica, which can cause lung disease. Avoid breathing concrete dust. Use adequate dust prevention and extraction methods. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, safety goggles, and a dust mask that conforms to Australian Standards. If dust gets into the eyes, rinse with water continuously for 10 minutes. If dust is inhaled, move immediately to fresh air, seek prompt medical advice. Contact Alsafe Pre-Mix Concrete for more information or refer to Alsafe Pre-Mix Concrete Safety Data Sheet.
15. This product may contain crystalline silica. Refer to material safety data sheet for information on health risks and safety precautions.
16. Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, if the Company has any liability to pay the Goods and Services Tax ("GST") on any goods and/or services supplied herein to the purchase, the purchaser must pay to the Company the amount of such GST at the same time as amounts otherwise payable to the Company.